Pharmaceutical representatives, also known as pharmaceutical reps or just pharma reps, are usual assigned a territory in which they promote their drug products. This can range in size from a national territory down to a few blocks in a city. Many territories are sized so that you can drive to each of your locations in less than a day. Sometimes though air travel may be required to reach your destination.
A medical representatives job description may include the following:
- Develop and manage a territory with the goal of maximizing sales
- Achieve sales goals, usually on a annual or quarterly basis
- Meet call goals while focusing on top costumers (usually the best or most influential doctors in your region)
- Host product presentations to specific customers
- Understand and address both business and scientific needs of healthcare professionals
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with customers, to both educate and sell your products